Oupupo is the Oulipo
technique adapted to punk rock. : "the seeking of new structures
and patterns which may be used by punks in any way they enjoy"
- Oupupo songs” -Terms of Creation/List of constraints:
- Record 16 songs in one night.
- No songs should be composed before the recording session.
- No post-recording is possible (no fucking Protool assembly!)
- No song should be longer that 30 seconds.
- No song should be “just funny noise” (no spoken word,
no instrumental shitty jam...)
- 5 grams of speed should be used during the recording session.
Cocaine ain’t speed.
- Nobody should cry his mother during the recording session.
- Lyrics should have no more that 2 different sentences.
- Onomatopoeia like “Yeah!”, “Fuque!” or
“Une deux trois quatre!” do not count as a sentence.
- Except for the voice, no dubbing is possible..
- Every song should be a denunciation against this shitty society
and the vacuity of modern life.
- If the result is deep shit, no shame is autorized. Send this crap
to the record label in any case.
- Take drugs and kill yourself.
on the night between 30th of June and the 1st of July 2007 / Out
on Squoodge Records / November 2007
- Does it sound like death?/02 - Weapon factory* (The Wards)/03
- Re-design my face /04 - Green pain in the anus/05 - Rocket to
USA /06 - Destroy the industry /07 - Children are shit too 08 -
I can get no satisfaction** (The Rolling Stones)/09 - I-pod
crash/10 - How to make speed?/11 - Black pest/12 - Bourgeois nations/13
- Patrol cars/14 - Polizei wagen/15 - I am the Yéti/16 -
Rock it to the moon*** (The Stranglers)
THE SESSION REPORT (En français!)
Revolution - Oupupo songs 2” -Terms of Creation/List of constraints:
4 songs in one night
- Use only toys to record, no real instruments allowed
We piss you on the slit 02- Electrocute your cock (VOM) 03- You
are entertainment 04- Tulpen und Narzissen (Die Doraus und die Marinas)
on the night between 21st of December and 22nd of December 2007
out on Squoodge / Drunknroll in May 2008
way peppermint chord" -Terms of Creation/List of constraints:
- Record 4 songs
in one night
- Use only one chord for guitar and bass to record
- Use a shitty keyboard on every song
The Bubble-gum of hate 02- Lunatic Nostalgic 03- I'm a modern lemon
04- Icy sketchy girl
be Recorded on the night between 26 and 27 of July 2008
out on Squoodge / Crapoulet in September or October 2008
Any idea welcome...